Monday, October 10, 2011

A new life

Double-meaning on the title... Two new lives have entered this world; at the same time, my life is completely changed. It's weird - the same guy looks back at me from the mirror, and I'm wearing the same clothes, and driving the same car, and eating the same food, but things -- inside and outside -- have changed permanently, profoundly, and in ways that I can't describe.

Getting back to work is really really tough. My mother-in-law is here for a while, and her assistance in all this is beyond amazing. I need to get back to work, but I really want to do the million-and-one things that I need to take care of - from cleaning the house to buying a faucet handle at Lowe's to mowing the lawn. Also I miss my tiny little awesome men. Twins are doing great, and they have their first big test today - their head ultrasound. This will make sure that there's no brain issues (like a bleed) that could affect them. If their brains are OK, we may get to do "kangaroo care" with them -- where they lounge on mom or dad's chest, skin to skin. It's good for them, it's good for us, it helps bonding, and I CAN'T WAIT. Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment