Friday, October 14, 2011

well, crap

First the good: Boys are great and are wearing clothes now (they'd been in just diapers before). Somehow, this is a milestone I hadn't thought about, but is very very comforting. Also, they could be home before thanksgiving. Also GREAT news.

Now the tough part: Discovered a leak in my house. First suspect was an overwatered plant. Next suspect was a rotten window. Finally found the culprit: A @#$!# leaky pipe. And not a "serious issue, call a plumber" kinda thing, but a goddamn U bend pipe under the kitchen sink. There's light at the end of the tunnel now, but today's been a really scary day.

Low point: "Worst case is gutting the entire inside, spraying what's left with special mold killer, putting in all new paper-free sheet rock and insulation, paint, and treating the slab and new flooring". Turns out that's for severely flood-damaged homes. I think all I need to worry about is under $500 in parts and labor, then I can go on with my life.

It's been a scary day. Seeing the boys in less than an hour will help immeasurably. I may bawl. I probably will bawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment